Istanbul To Gobeklitepe And Harran 2 Day Tour (Option 2 A)
Starting from Istanbul or Izmir, explore the ancient pilgrimage cities in Turkey's mystical Southeast.
Gobekli Tepe is one of the world's most important archaeological sites. At 12,000 years old, it was built before the advent of writing or pottery, and is believed to be the world's oldest temple. Don't miss the opportunity to visit this fascinating site which is causing archaeologists to rethink their vision of early human history. Our professional guided tour includes a visit to the archaeological site, as well as the Archaeology and Mosaic Museum in the city of Sanliurfa where you can learn more about this momentous discovery
Sanliurfa is a city of huge religious significance, believed to be the birthplace of the prophet Abraham/Ibrahim, and the site of one of the most important events in the Bible and the Quran.
Harran is one of the world's oldest cities, and was the home of the prophet Abraham/Ibrahim, as referenced several times in the Bible. Later an important stop on the Silk Road, Harran has been an important centre since Mesopotamian times. Due to the hot climate here, the city has become known for its "beehive homes", which have a high domed roof and thick walls built from mud, specially designed to keep cool inside. Harran is also well known for its blue fabrics. Explore the mystical secrets of this ancient city with Alaturka.
Other Suggested Sanliurfa - Southeastern Turkey Day Tours
Harran and Sogmatar Tour
Halfeti and Rumkale Tour
Gobekli Tepe and Sanliurfa City Tour
HOW TO MAKE AN ENQUIRY OR BOOK
-Rates are per total person, in a double/twin/triple private room
1. Please press BOOK NOW above to submit an inquiry or book this package tour which will be based on standard range accommodation.
2. Once your online inquiry/booking is completed, please email us if you wish to upgrade to following packages:
-Upgrades to 'Top End' and 'Premium' accommodations
-Single private room
-Dorm rooms are available for budget travelers
To see the list of accommodation options included in your range, please go to the 'Accommodation Options' tab above.
- %30 to %40 deposit is required on most tours. Some selected tours require a higher percentage or payment in full.
- Balance is required on arrival in Turkey, by cash.
- If you wish to pay the Balance by card/bank transfer, there will be an extra %10 fee of the outstanding payment amount. Balance paid by cash on arrival ensures no extra fee.
- We accept Euro, Turkish lira, Usd, GBP or AUD. Payment will be taken at the current exchange rate on the day of payment, we use www.xe.com for exchange rates.
Luggage Allowance on Flights (if included on your tour)
- The baggage allowance on domestic flights in Turkey is 15 KG per person. If you need extra allowance, there may be an extra charge. Please check with us before your tour is booked.
Please contact us for further information.
STANDARD: Standard style accommodation in Turkey is your where you will find basic style guesthouses and/or hostels that have a variety of private rooms and some dorm rooms. The rooms will be clean but basic with no extras found within. Most standard style accommodation options would be 1-2 star equivalent.
Type of accommodations at this range: Guesthouse, Boutique guesthouse, Hostels, 1* and 2* Hotels.
TOP END: Top End style accommodation in Turkey is where you will find 3-5 star equivalent. Here you will get a mix of larger style hotel rooms to smaller boutique places that will have clean, comfortable rooms with a little extra.
Type of accommodations at this range: Boutique Hotels, 3*, 4* and 5* Hotels.
PREMIUM: Premium Luxury accommodation in Turkey is your 5 star and similar hotels. This can include your large chain hotels and you will also find a variety of smaller locally run Luxury Boutique places that are full of charm and worth the extra dollar.
Type of accommodations at this range: Premium Boutique +4* and +5* Hotels.