Istanbul To Mt Nemrut Tour 2 Day Tour
Mount Nemrut is a UNESCO World Heritage site in the Adiyaman province of Southeastern Turkey, featuring the temple-tomb of the famous king Antiochus, which is considered one of the finest constructions of the Hellenistic period, built in the first century BC. The burial mound is 145 metres in diameter and 50 metres high and is surrounded by statues of lions, eagles, Greek gods such as Zeus and Hercules, as well as Antiochus himself.
The highest point in the region at an altitude of 2134m, Mount Nemrut provides a spectacular viewpoint for sunrise or sunset, with the scattered heads of the statues lending a mystical essence to the scene.
Also on this tour, you will visit the old and new castles at Kahta, the Black Bird Burial Mound, which is the final resting place of Antiochus, one of Antiochus' daughters, and the old Roman bridge over the Gendere River.
Important: Mt. Nemrut tours are available from April to end of November. December to March is not possible due to weather/snow conditions. Minimum 2 people required to open departure for this tour.
Other Suggested Mt Nemrut - Southeastern Turkey Day Tours
Nemrut Sunset Tour
Nemrut Sunrise Tour
HOW TO MAKE AN ENQUIRY OR BOOK
-Rates are per total person, in a double/twin/triple private room
1. Please press BOOK NOW above to submit an inquiry or book this package tour which will be based on standard range accommodation.
2. Once your online inquiry/booking is completed, please email us if you wish to upgrade to following packages:
-Upgrades to 'Top End' and 'Premium' accommodations
-Single private room
-Dorm rooms are available for budget travelers
To see the list of accommodation options included in your range, please go to the 'Accommodation Options' tab above.
- %30 to %40 deposit is required on most tours. Some selected tours require a higher percentage or payment in full.
- Balance is required on arrival in Turkey, by cash.
- If you wish to pay the Balance by card/bank transfer, there will be an extra %10 fee of the outstanding payment amount. Balance paid by cash on arrival ensures no extra fee.
- We accept Euro, Turkish lira, Usd, GBP or AUD. Payment will be taken at the current exchange rate on the day of payment, we use www.xe.com for exchange rates.
Luggage Allowance on Flights (if included on your tour)
- The baggage allowance on domestic flights in Turkey is 15 KG per person. If you need extra allowance, there may be an extra charge. Please check with us before your tour is booked.
Please contact us for further information.
STANDARD: Standard style accommodation in Turkey is your where you will find basic style guesthouses and/or hostels that have a variety of private rooms and some dorm rooms. The rooms will be clean but basic with no extras found within. Most standard style accommodation options would be 1-2 star equivalent.
Type of accommodations at this range: Guesthouse, Boutique guesthouse, Hostels, 1* and 2* Hotels.
TOP END: Top End style accommodation in Turkey is where you will find 3-5 star equivalent. Here you will get a mix of larger style hotel rooms to smaller boutique places that will have clean, comfortable rooms with a little extra.
Type of accommodations at this range: Boutique Hotels, 3*, 4* and 5* Hotels.
PREMIUM: Premium Luxury accommodation in Turkey is your 5 star and similar hotels. This can include your large chain hotels and you will also find a variety of smaller locally run Luxury Boutique places that are full of charm and worth the extra dollar.
Type of accommodations at this range: Premium Boutique +4* and +5* Hotels.